This country has a cultural heartbeat like few others. For millennia that pulse has been powered by music. It has always been song that has told this country’s stories – it’s why such an ancient culture remains so alive and powerful. But today we see a new tradition being born – young artists drawing from two very different worlds to make music and tell stories about contemporary life but with an ageless perspective. And right there at the front of that crop of new artists is EMILY WURRAMARA.
Emily’s debut EP is ‘Black Smoke’, 6 songs proving her passion for culture and heritage heard through every beat and skip of her deeply engaging and personal songs pulsed by her detailed and crafted talent for songwriting.
‘Black Smoke’ Highlights
Black Smoke is pure and simple, an artistic and musical delight, soft yet powerful. – hhhappy, 2016
- Added to Triple J rotation
- Triple J Unearthed feature artist
- Triple J Roots ‘N All host
- #1 AMRAP Metro & Regional Charts
- PBS Feature Album
- Triple R Soundscape Feature
- ABC Radio National Breakfast Album Of The Week
- National Indigenous Music Awards Finalist ‘New Talent’